09 Nov Book Recommendations by SMCC Members
Have you perused the Book Nook at the church yet? If you’re a little bit intimidated by all the books and don’t know where to start, here are a few recommendations from church members:
- BEVERLY LEWIS books (Fiction).
- BLUE LIKE JAZZ: Memoirs of a thirtysomething young man and the refinement of his Christian walk – a New York Times bestseller by Donald Miller.
- TAKING ON GOLIATH: Barbara Yoder’s book on taking on the Goliath spirit as it is manifested in our lives.
- NO GREATER LOVE by Mother Teresa
- PASSION FOR JESUS by Mike Bickle
“She has many series of Christian books in which the main character is usually an Amish woman. They are very peaceful, edifying, and entertaining books. The stories always include people receiving Jesus as their savior and have a good plot/story with a little bit of a clean, pure romance in it.” – Susan McComb
“I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn’t resolve. But sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself…I used to not like God because God didn’t resolve. but that was before any of this happened.” – Kathleen Schelling
“Max Lucado’s latest (I think his gutsiest).” – Kathleen Schelling
“Includes poignant stories of her work and real application of Christian love and pure service” – Greg and Kathleen Schelling
“This book is fantastic! It revealed insight to the Song of Solomon, intimacy with Jesus, how to transform self-pity into praise and persistence in prayer. Mike’s life story is interesting and well-written” – Diana Eng